Sunday 24 January 2016

Reasons why Nicholas Sparks ruined my love life.

Every girl loves a good love story, romance and a prince charming, and that is just what Nicholas gives us in every book/movie. 
I started notice that he had ruined my love life when I found myself watching his movies everytime something was wrong in my relationships, finding confort while watching John, Noah, Will, Alex, Dawson, Luke, Landon, (yes, I'm assuming you know everyone of them, if not then go watch every Sparks movie now) all of those characters were messing with my reality and giving me some weird unreachable love story, because those guys are sensitive, honest and don't let... come on Nicholas, if you actually know a guy like that please send him my way.

Is not that I hate guys and live a bitter life, I love love and chessy stuff, I believe in soul mates and adore romantic films, but I had to learn to make boundaries between all of the fairytales and the reality of caring about a guy that eats pure junk food, hates exercise a lot and is rude to my friends. In fact, all of those past relationships made me realize that I was living a huge lie and here are the reason why:

1. I was pushing my partner to be someone he was not, meaning I was trying for them (as in my ex boyfriends) to act like one of those characters, with the big romantic moves and all the public display of love. Yeah, they were never gonna act like that. 

2. I was never truly happy in my relationships because they were never right and I was trying to forced them into a similar one to the notebook. Which of curse now that I think about it was amazingly wrong and I was inside a vicious circle going from one bad relationship to a worst one.

3. I couldn't find a right guy because I was trying to create one. Sounds like I was experimenting but I guess that's really the only way to put it. I was so worried about having a perfect boyfriend that I never saw the good guys around me, that could actually be nice and caring. Never do this, if something doesn't feel right, then never try to force it, I learned that the hard way and now I'm dating a really nice guy that makes me forget about all of the Nicholas Sparks clichés.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that life is never a fairytale and we should be able to write our own stories and not following what other people think love should be or friendships or family, we all get to live our lifes and create our own stories, embrace that and you'll find yourself way more happy.

I'm not sure about what exactly did I write in here but I hope is not just a bunch of nonesense. 



Love, J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, we will be posting it very soon.

Why would I live without love? how can you walk saying you can't believe in it? If we don't believe in love, the world gets empty, why would I wanna live for?